CTMOM New Haven 2017
Friday, April 7th - Saturday, April 8th
Floyd Little Athletic Center
476 Sherman Parkway
New Haven, CT 06511
Information for Community Volunteers:
Job Descriptions for Community Volunteers (PDF)
What to Wear
All Volunteers will be given a CTMOM t-shirt and are encouraged to wear it during the clinic. Dress is casual – everything from scrubs to shorts – whatever is most comfortable for you. Supportive closed toe shoes are required!
Information for Dental Volunteers
Dental Instruments and Supplies
The clinic will have portable dental units that include a patient chair, light and an operative unit connected to water and vacuum lines. Hand pieces (4 hole), Instruments and disposable dental supplies will be provided. If you choose to bring your own handpieces (4 hole), instruments or supplies, consider purchasing a plastic container with a lid to store and transport your instruments. Please write your name on your container.
Recommended Supplies to Bring:
- Dentists bring any special equipment you may need headlights, magnifying eyewear
- Be sure they are marked properly with your identification.
- We will have hand pieces available for your use, but they may be different from what you are accustomed to.
- If you would like to bring your own hand pieces, please mark them with your identification
- Bring your DEA number for prescription writing purposes.
- We will have generic CTMOM prescription forms available for use. Only CTMOM prescription forms will be allowed. Do NOT bring your own forms.
- Burs - Only if you have a favorite
- Bring a copy of your current license
Recommended Supplies to Bring: Hygienists
- Set ups will be provided but if you so desire, bring your favorites: scalers, cavitron inserts.
- Bring any special equipment you may need headlights, magnifying eyewear. Please mark them with your identification.
- Bring a copy of your current license.
Items That Will Be Supplied For Your Use (Dentists & Hygienists):
||Hand pieces - High and low speed
|Disposable prophy angles
|2x2, 4x4 gauze
|Liquid hand sanitizer
||Patient bibs; bib holders
|Disinfecting wipes/surface disinfectant
|Syringes and needles
||Q-tips and topical anesthetic
||Disposable instrument trays
|Saliva ejectors and HVE tips
||Amalgam and bases
|Matrix bands and wedges
||Hand piece lubrication
|Stainless steel crowns
There is a volunteer lounge available for breaks. Breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages will be provided. Massage Therapists will be available in the lounge area to provide free massages to any volunteer. Please note: There are no secure areas for your personal belongings.
Attention all volunteers under the age of 18
*You must have this form signed by a parent or guardian in order to volunteer at the CTMOM Free Dental Clinic.
Please click here to print the form and bring it with you to the clinic.