Thank you to all of our volunteers!
March 20-21, 2020
Western Connecticut State University
Volunteer Registration opens October 31st!
Click here to learn about Community Volunteer opportunities.
Click here to learn about Dental/Medical Professional Volunteer opportunities.
Information for Community Volunteers:
Job Descriptions for Community Volunteers (PDF)
What to Wear
All Volunteers will be given a CTMOM t-shirt and are encouraged to wear it during the clinic. Dress is casual – everything from scrubs to shorts – whatever is most comfortable for you. Supportive closed toe shoes are required!
Attention all volunteers under the age of 18
*You must have this form signed by a parent or guardian in order to volunteer at the CTMOM Free Dental Clinic.
Please click here to print the form and bring it with you to the clinic.
Information for Dental/Medical Professional Volunteers:
Dental Instruments and Supplies
The clinic will have portable dental units that include a patient chair, light and an operative unit connected to water and vacuum lines. Hand pieces (4 hole), Instruments and disposable dental supplies will be provided. If you choose to bring your own handpieces (4 hole), instruments or supplies, consider purchasing a plastic container with a lid to store and transport your instruments. Please write your name on your container.
Recommended Supplies to Bring:
- Dentists bring any special equipment you may need headlights, magnifying eyewear
- Be sure they are marked properly with your identification.
- We will have hand pieces available for your use, but they may be different from what you are accustomed to.
- If you would like to bring your own hand pieces, please mark them with your identification
- Bring your DEA number for prescription writing purposes.
- We will have generic CTMOM prescription forms available for use. Only CTMOM prescription forms will be allowed. Do NOT bring your own forms.
- Burs - Only if you have a favorite
- Bring a copy of your current license
Recommended Supplies to Bring: Hygienists
- Set ups will be provided but if you so desire, bring your favorites: scalers, cavitron inserts.
- Bring any special equipment you may need headlights, magnifying eyewear. Please mark them with your identification.
- Bring a copy of your current license.
Items That Will Be Supplied For Your Use (Dentists & Hygienists):
||Hand pieces - High and low speed
|Disposable prophy angles
|2x2, 4x4 gauze
|Liquid hand sanitizer
||Patient bibs; bib holders
|Disinfecting wipes/surface disinfectant
|Syringes and needles
||Q-tips and topical anesthetic
||Disposable instrument trays
|Saliva ejectors and HVE tips
||Amalgam and bases
|Matrix bands and wedges
||Hand piece lubrication
|Stainless steel crowns
There is a volunteer lounge available for breaks. Breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages will be provided. Massage Therapists will be available in the lounge area to provide free massages to any volunteer. Please note: There are no secure areas for your personal belongings.
I'm from out of state; can I volunteer?
Absolutely! All types of volunteers (community, dental and medical) are needed and welcomed. All dental/medical practitioners must have valid licenses. Please bring a copy of your valid dental/medical license with you to the clinic and proof of malpractice insurance.
Do I need to carry Malpractice Insurance?
Yes. All dental/medical practitioners must have a valid licence and carry malpractice insurance. Please check with your carrier for verification that your malpractice insurance will cover you at the CTMOM clinic.
Is there training?
Yes. Prior to the CTMOM clinic, all Dental/Medical volunteers will receive an email with protocol from their department lead. There are also orientation videos available on our website, and an overview of the clinic and what happens in each department prior to the clinic opening its doors.