2019 CTMOM Free Dental Clinic
April 13-14, 2019
Windham Middle School
123 Quarry St
Willimantic, CT 06226
Thank you to all of our volunteers for registering.
There will be No On-site Registration
CTMOM 2019 Important Volunteer Information:
Volunteer Assignments (alpha by last name):
Click here for the team lead information and weekend schedule.
Click here for the Clinic Floor Plan.
Click here for Directions to Windham Middle School.
PLEASE CARPOOL when possible! There is one lot in front of the school. If that lot is full, there is on street parking. On Saturday and Sunday, there is also parking at W.B. Sweeney School. It is located on the lower portion of the Windham Middle School campus. The entrance is on an adjacent street at 60 Oak Hill Drive. It is down the hill from the the Middle School entrance, beyond some of the sports fields. Windham Middle School is visible from the Sweeney parking lots. You can walk across to get up to the Middle School.
Volunteer Entrance & Check In:
The volunteer entrance on Friday for Set Up is in the Gym on the far left side of the building. Please enter from this entrance to pick up your badge. As school is in session, ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST wear their badges at all times. You will not be allowed in the building without it.
CTMOM Dates and Times:
- Friday (April 12) - 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. or until clinic set up is complete
- Saturday and Sunday Clinic (April 13-14) - 8:00 a.m. until approximately 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday evening (April 14) - Breakdown begins at 4:00 p.m.
Below are general start times, which vary, depending on your assignment area.
Please note: You should be contacted by your Team Lead for your start time and protocols. If you haven't received an e-mail, please follow the start times below.
SET UP DAY (Friday, April 12):
- 8:00 am for AmeriCorp volunteers
- 8:30 for all other volunteers
CLINIC – Patient treatment days (Saturday, April 13 and Sunday, April 14):
- 5:00 a.m. - Parking Attendants, Crowd Control/Line Walkers
- 6:00 a.m. - All Central Steering Committee Members
- 6:00 a.m. - Volunteer Registration
- 6:30 a.m. - Food Service
- 6:30 a.m. - Remaining Steering Committee Members
- 6:45 a.m. - Triage Staff- (Dentists, Dental Assistants, Physicians, Physician Assistants, Radiology, Nurses, Nurse Midwives, Nurse Practitioners, Nursing Assistants, Nursing Students)
- 6:45 a.m. - Patient Registration, Translators, 1st wave of the Escorts
- 7:30 a.m. - Sterilization, Central Supply, Dental Equipment Technicians, Pre-med, Anesthesia
- 7:30 a.m. - All others including Restorative, Pedo, Endo, Oral Surgery, Prosthetics, Hygiene
- 8:15 a.m. - 2nd wave of Escorts
- 8:30 a.m. - Post Op Surgery, Pharmacy, Lab, Waste control, FQHC staff
BREAKDOWN (Sunday, April 14 evening)
What to Expect:
CTMOM expects to treat approximately 800 patients during the 2 day clinic.
The clinic will have:
- 50 portable dental chairs, lights, units and instruments.
- Chairs will recline and the units will have access to water and suction.
The clinic is divided into several areas: Medical and Dental Triage, Radiology, Hygiene, Hygiene Education, Restorative, Pediatrics, Endodontics, Oral Surgery, Prosthetics, Dental Laboratory, Pharmacy and Post Op/Exit.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided in the school cafeteria, as well as snacks and beverages all day long at no cost. It is our pleasure to provide basic meals for all CTMOM volunteers, however, if you should have special food requirements or food allergies, we may not have appropriate nutrition for you; please consider bringing your own food.
What to Wear: Dress is casual -- everything from scrubs to shorts -- whatever is most comfortable for you. Wear comfortable and supportive closed toe shoes! All volunteers will be given a CTMOM T-shirt and are encouraged to wear it during the clinic.
There are no lockers for personal belongings. Please leave anything of value at home.
Information for Community Volunteers:
Job Descriptions for Community Volunteers (PDF)
What to Wear
All Volunteers will be given a CTMOM t-shirt and are encouraged to wear it during the clinic. Dress is casual – everything from scrubs to shorts – whatever is most comfortable for you. Supportive closed toe shoes are required!
Attention all volunteers under the age of 18
*You must have this form signed by a parent or guardian in order to volunteer at the CTMOM Free Dental Clinic.
Please click here to print the form and bring it with you to the clinic.
Information for Dental Volunteers
Dental Instruments and Supplies
The clinic will have portable dental units that include a patient chair, light and an operative unit connected to water and vacuum lines. Hand pieces (4 hole), Instruments and disposable dental supplies will be provided. If you choose to bring your own handpieces (4 hole), instruments or supplies, consider purchasing a plastic container with a lid to store and transport your instruments. Please write your name on your container.
Recommended Supplies to Bring:
- Dentists bring any special equipment you may need headlights, magnifying eyewear
- Be sure they are marked properly with your identification.
- We will have hand pieces available for your use, but they may be different from what you are accustomed to.
- If you would like to bring your own hand pieces, please mark them with your identification
- Bring your DEA number for prescription writing purposes.
- We will have generic CTMOM prescription forms available for use. Only CTMOM prescription forms will be allowed. Do NOT bring your own forms.
- Burs - Only if you have a favorite
- Bring a copy of your current license
Recommended Supplies to Bring: Hygienists
- Set ups will be provided but if you so desire, bring your favorites: scalers, cavitron inserts.
- Bring any special equipment you may need headlights, magnifying eyewear. Please mark them with your identification.
- Bring a copy of your current license.
Items That Will Be Supplied For Your Use (Dentists & Hygienists):
||Hand pieces - High and low speed
|Disposable prophy angles
|2x2, 4x4 gauze
|Liquid hand sanitizer
||Patient bibs; bib holders
|Disinfecting wipes/surface disinfectant
|Syringes and needles
||Q-tips and topical anesthetic
||Disposable instrument trays
|Saliva ejectors and HVE tips
||Amalgam and bases
|Matrix bands and wedges
||Hand piece lubrication
|Stainless steel crowns
There is a volunteer lounge available for breaks. Breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages will be provided. Massage Therapists will be available in the lounge area to provide free massages to any volunteer. Please note: There are no secure areas for your personal belongings.